While this is easy to develop, it doesn’t offer much in the way of flexibility.
The way I got around this was to define a master language for the site (usually English) and then link all documents off of it. Each document would have it’s own id which could be used for links. From one object, you’d always be able to find it’s relation.
This required three fields:
The object ID identified the current object. It was my primary key. Object parent was a reference to another object in the same table. This was how the site hierarchy was determined. Finally, the object master was a reference to another object in the same table which indicated which object was the English version of the current document. The English version would have a master id of zero since it was the master.
This format worked somewhat well but had a couple serious drawbacks. The first was that the logic required to pull out certain objects proved difficult at times. The second was that you always had to have a master document. In larger sites where you have different languages for different regions, one section may want all documents in English and then try to translate them to French whereas another section may want all the documents in French and then try to translate them to English.
This time I’m going to try using a composite key. A composite key is where two or more fields comprise the primary key. Therefore, two values will be required to locate an object: the ID and the language. In this way, there is no longer an object master. There will still be an object parent reference to determine the site hierarchy.
Composite keys present their own hurdles such as possible performance issues as well as any reference to the object table now needs an additional reference to the language table.
For site administration, some would say to store text labels and translations in the database. I’m opting to not do that. Each database will store data that is only pertinent to that site. The admin interface will either be stored on disk or in memory for performance.
With the last CMS I built, I developed a resource class that loaded the translations off disk when requested and stored them in memory until the application was restarted. I anticipate that I will do something similar with this one.
I still have a ways to go with regards to really mapping out the attributes of all my entities. And certainly as I get into the think of development, I'll find stuff that works, stuff that doesn't, and stuff that I missed entirely!
Next up is Technology Choices久久中文字幕免费高清,三级在线看中文字幕完整版,中文字幕偷乱视频在线